Are travel clinics covered by OHIP or MSP (public health insurance)?
Do travel clinics take insurance?
Travel medicine consultations are not covered by provincial health, and therefore must be paid for privately.
Travel clinics are not free in Canada primarily due to several factors:
- Travel clinics often operate independently from the publicly funded healthcare system. They are typically private clinics that specialize in travel medicine. These clinics invest in additional training, equipment, and resources to provide these specialized services.
- Travel-related vaccinations and advice are considered elective or optional medical services.
- Travel clinics provide specialized healthcare services tailored to an individual’s specific travel plans and destinations.
Does extended health benefits cover travel clinic services?
Can I claim travel medicine consults with my insurance provider or extended health benefits?
Can my family doctor provide travel medical services?
We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the provided information, however, it is not feasible for us to update daily. Please book a virtual consultation with one of our Travel Medicine Professionals for current, personalized advice and answers to any questions you may have.
What can a Travel Health Clinic do for you?
- Provides an immunization plan for recommended or required vaccines to travel.
- Prescriptions for important medication – both to prevent and treat illnesses.
- Education for precautions specific to destination(s) such as food and water safety.
- Address specific personal health concerns or requirements to travel safely.
Before you travel, be sure to book a virtual consult with a Rockdoc Travel Medicine Professional from anywhere in Canada. Our team of certified medical specialists will determine your risk and provide next steps to ensure you are informed and protected against travel-related illnesses.
For optimal results, it’s best to have your travel medicine consultation 4-6 weeks before your trip to allow vaccines to take effect, as some may need multiple doses. For unexpected last-minute trips, we’ll customize recommendations based on your available time before departure.
More about travel clinics
Available travel vaccinations and medications
We offer the following travel vaccinations and medications:
What Our Customers Are Saying
Brought to you by a team of trusted healthcare professionals
We know how hard it can be for Canadians to get the healthcare they need, when they need it. That’s why Rockdoc is on a mission to help Canadians navigate healthcare. We have decades of experience providing emergent, urgent, and continuing healthcare services and solutions – meeting and exceeding the standard of care for our patients and our communities.
Dr. Sam Gutman
Dr. Shaan Pawa
Associate Medical Director
MD CCFP-EM CTH®
Medical Operations Manager
Do you have questions about Virtual Travel Clinic? Find answers to the most frequently asked questions here, or chat with one of our friendly Customer Success representatives.
Customer Success Hours:
8:00AM – 9:00PM EST (Monday – Friday)
11:00AM – 9:00PM EST (Saturday – Sunday)