What Travel Vaccinations do I need?
How do I know which vaccines I'll need?
How do travel clinics know what to prescribe me?
Prior to prescribing vaccines and/or medication, travel medicine professionals will consider:
- Previous vaccinations. It’s always best to provide your travel medicine professional with your complete immunization records. They can determine if you’re up-to-date with routine vaccines and which ones you might need for travel.
- Special health concerns. Share any allergies, chronic conditions, or if you’re pregnant. They can provide tailored advice.
- Travel destination(s). Include all destinations and excursions that you plan to visit as some may require specific vaccines and medications.
- Prescription medications you currently take. Your travel medicine professional might recommend additional medicines, such as antibiotics or antidiarrheals for your trip.
All of these will factor into which travel vaccinations and medications you will need and be recommended. They will also provide additional resources, such as addressing general health precautions, like safe food and water practices, insect bite prevention, and animal bite prevention.
Can my family doctor provide travel medical services?
We have made every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the provided information, however, it is not feasible for us to update daily. Please book a virtual consultation with one of our Travel Medicine Professionals for current, personalized advice and answers to any questions you may have.
Travel Vaccines Information
- Plan ahead and take steps during travel to stay safe and healthy. Even resort and cruise travelers can experience travel-related illnesses.
- Travel is a good opportunity to review your vaccination history and ensure that you are up-to-date with routine vaccines.
- You may need additional vaccinations depending on your age, planned activities, and local conditions. Preventing disease through vaccination is a lifelong process.
Before you travel, be sure to book a virtual consult with a Rockdoc Travel Medicine Professional from anywhere in Canada. Our team of certified medical specialists will determine your risk and provide next steps to ensure you are informed and protected against travel-related illnesses.
For optimal results, it’s best to have your travel medicine consultation 4-6 weeks before your trip to allow vaccines to take effect, as some may need multiple doses. For unexpected last-minute trips, we’ll customize recommendations based on your available time before departure.
More about travel clinics
Available travel vaccinations and medications
We offer the following travel vaccinations and medications:
What Our Customers Are Saying
Brought to you by a team of trusted healthcare professionals
We know how hard it can be for Canadians to get the healthcare they need, when they need it. That’s why Rockdoc is on a mission to help Canadians navigate healthcare. We have decades of experience providing emergent, urgent, and continuing healthcare services and solutions – meeting and exceeding the standard of care for our patients and our communities.
Dr. Sam Gutman
Dr. Shaan Pawa
Associate Medical Director
MD CCFP-EM CTH®
Medical Operations Manager
Do you have questions about Virtual Travel Clinic? Find answers to the most frequently asked questions here, or chat with one of our friendly Customer Success representatives.
Customer Success Hours:
8:00AM – 9:00PM EST (Monday – Friday)
11:00AM – 9:00PM EST (Saturday – Sunday)